Here is guidance from our world church regarding immunizations
Seventh-day Adventist Church guidelines on immunization
- "The Seventh-day Adventist Church places strong emphasis on health and well-being. The Adventist health emphasis is based on biblical revelation, the inspired writing of E.G. White (co-founder of the Church), and on peer-reviewed scientific literature. As such, we encourage responsible immunization/vaccination, and have no religious or faith-based reason not to encourage our adherents to responsibly participate in protective and preventive immunization programs. We value the health and safety of the population, which includes the maintenance of “herd immunity.”
- "We are not the conscience of the individual church member, and recognize individual choices. These are exercised by the individual. The choice not to be immunized is not and should not be seen as the dogma nor the doctrine of the Seventh-day Adventist Church."
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Addressing Concerns, Offering Counsel Information from the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists that addresses questions about vaccines, science, and church history.
- Coronavirus Adventist Health Ministries information guide on the Novel Coronavirus
- COVID-19 in the Light of Truth and the Lie in Revelation addresses conspiracy theories, lies, and deception in the light of the book of Revelation.
- The Immunization Debate: Where does the church stand? Adventist review article regarding immunizations
- If an exemption letter is needed, please contact Amireh Al-Haddad, director of the Director of the Public Affairs and Religious Liberty Department of the Southern Union Conference.
- For those inquiring about vaccine eligibility, go here.