Baptism day preparation list
RECORD CLIPS FOR BAPTISM.
ADD TO BAPTISM PREPARATION (ORDER OF SERVICE)
Baptismal Testimony, Vows, and Vote after Prayer (the prayer right after the Introit)
Baptism after Scripture Reading
Baptismal Certificate presentation
- Are you willing to be discipled and to disciple others?
- Are you willing to complete at least one Revelation Seminar lesson per week?
- Are you willing to teach others the truth you have found?
On Sabbath morning at the beginning of the service you will be called up front to testify to your new found belief in Christ and His soon return.
- Do you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord, and do you desire to live your life in a saving relationship with Him?
- Do you accept the teachings of the Bible as expressed in the Statement of Fundamental Beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and do you pledge by God's grace to live your life in harmony with these teachings?
- Do you desire to be baptized as a public expression of you belief in Jesus Christ, to be accepted into the fellowship of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and to support the Church and its mission as a faithful steward by your personal influence, tithe and offerings, and a life of service?
Items to bring to your baptism
- Two towels
- Bathing suit or spare set of undergarments
- Comb or brush
- Hair dryer (optional)
- For the ladies - Cap (if you do not want wet hair)
- Trash bag for wet clothes
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony…” Rev 12:11, NKJV. Write on one page single space your testimony with the following sections:
- My life before I met Christ
- How I became a Christian
- My life since becoming a Christian
Please, consider including in your testimony any individuals who have made a difference in your decision for Christ. Also, let me know if want to share your testimony or have someone else read it.